Welcome to the Burton job application page. Here you can find the Burton job vacancies, learn available position details. By taking this job you can take a strong step for your career.
Burton Snowboards is a manufacturer of snowboards, founded by Jake Burton Carpenter in 1977, the company specializes in a product line aimed at snowboarders: snowboards, bindings, boots, outerwear, and accessories. The company’s flagship store is in Burlington, Vermont.
Available Positions and Salary Information at Burton
Like most companies, the Burton departments needs the workforce to manage its tasks and company operations. Therefore, there is often a need for staff at various points. Below you can find the job that suits your qualifications by examining the requirements of the available positions. Employment requirements and fees at Burton vary depending on the position and working hours. You must be at least 16 years of age in commonly used entry-level positions. For certain positions you must be 18 years of age. Below are the most popular Burton jobs;
Would you like to get a job in Burton? Now it’s easy. You can first decide which position suits you and then download the Burton Job Application Form. Sometimes they also accept online application.
|Facility Maintenance Technician|
The primary duties of the Burton Facility Technician will be to provide general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, equipment, and grounds at various Vermont based facilities/sites.
What You Get to Do:
- Exercise discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person; assist in obtaining quotes and arranging for services of outside vendors as needed.
- Perform basic rough and finished carpentry work in construction and repair of structures such as partitions, walls, doors, fences, window frames, office furniture, roofs, etc.
- Remove broken glass, putty or plastic; replaces windows and door hardware; replace or arrange for replacement of glass for windows, doors, and light fixtures.
- Perform minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment, including performing annual roof inspections.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Assist with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairs plaster and drywall; paints building structures.
- Ensure that the company facilities are able to comply with federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and codes that pertain to building industry.
- Set up and break down cubicle partitions.
- Annotate and update work logs for specific site requirements.
- Coordinate and oversee construction projects on-site, cleaning crew and landscaping/plow crew.
- Apply knowledge of alarm systems and coordinate annual alarm testing, fire extinguisher inspections (fire, it suppression system).
- Keep all keys to buildings and have new ones made when needed.
- Maintain security software; keep database current (add new users/employees when needed, make holiday schedule. changes; work w/ HR to input new employees into system.)
- Change clocks; readjust lighting timers.
- Order and replace bulbs, ballasts (maintain inventory of bulbs and ballasts); ensure all emergency lighting is working.
- Order kitchen supplies; pick up fruit daily; maintain espresso machine; oversee medical kits are stocked.
- Maintain wood inventory; stack wood as needed.
- Coordinate movers for offsite projects; order trailers on as needed basis.
- Open building daily.
- Coordinate vendors for annual summer retail sale.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 3+ years of Facilities experience and any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades.
- Must have basic working knowledge of HVAC and thermostat systems (e.g. reprogram thermostats for daylight savings; adjust constantly for employee satisfaction).
- Working Knowledge of methods used in maintenance including basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, masonry, grounds keeping, appliance repair, and electrical wiring; standard practices and tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities; safety practices and procedures related to the building trades; basic math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Skill and Ability to effectively use a variety of hand and power tools; operate a forklift; read blueprints; review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors; follow oral and/or written instructions; communicate effectively in both oral and written form; maintain work logs; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
- Valid Vermont Driver’s License.
Burton Online Job Application;
Now that you have read the necessary information for the Burton job application above, you can now complete your application by accessing the Burton Job application form below or by filling out your personal information by going to the official site.